Sunday, December 20, 2009

What is the most effective way to exfoliate using a kettle (acne wise) and how often a day is most effective?

currently i have just had my face above the nozzle of a kettle for 10 mins, twice a day, followed by a hot shower wear i wash my face, (and then twice a week i use an exfoliating face wash, as thats how often it indicates to use it)





is this the most effective way for reducing acne in terms of exfoliation, or should i for example put a towel over my face when doing it? ect...What is the most effective way to exfoliate using a kettle (acne wise) and how often a day is most effective?
The more you do to your skin, the more sore and irritated it will get. This will make it produce more sebum (oil), and so cause more spots.


My advice is to stop trying to 'exfoliate', and don't use any harsh scrubs on your skin, even if it is only twice weekly. The best treatment for acne is to wash your face with Clearasil or similar twice per day, then apply a little light, unscented moisturiser.


Anything more just makes things worse.What is the most effective way to exfoliate using a kettle (acne wise) and how often a day is most effective?
Exfoliating one's face will probably have no effect on acne, even if you put three towels over your face.





From the age of 13, I struggled with acne. My mother also struggled. She took me to at least a half dozen dermatologists, spending hundreds of dollars to help me. My parents were not wealthy. My father was a mechanic, and my mother was a stay-at-home mother.





One dermatologist recommended I cut my hair very short, and shampoo with a prescription shampoo every day. One dermatologist used a special instrument to ';pop'; my zits, and prescribed a prescription medication to apply. One dermatologist recommended I stop eating any fried foods and apply Clearasil. I tried the ';kettle';, for 30 minutes every day. Nothing worked.





My mother finally found, through her sister, a dermatoligist who used x-ray treatments on severe skin anomalies. I had 12 x-ray treatments on my face over 50 years ago, and have never had acne problems since. I have no scars.





My cousin, who also had acne problems, had her face ';planed';. She has scars that can only be removed by plastic surgery.





Unfortunately, x-ray treatments for acne are not longer available. Too bad.
You can take a hot compress to your face before washing it before bed -





I'd exfoliate twice a week but make sure it's for acne prone skin -





Wash your face twice daily with acne wash


toner and spot treat all acne with cream. -

No comments:

Post a Comment