Sunday, December 20, 2009

Help!!! How do you exfoliate for my dry,flaky, and acne prone skin?!?

OMG my skin is soooo dry. I had dry skin before, but ever since I started using Proactiv, it has become drier because of the benzoyl peroxide. Proativ has actally helped clear my skin a lot, but it's just really dry. And it's flaky and you can see my skin like peeling off!! It;s so annoying and ugly!!! My make up looks horrible (and I don't even use a lot of make up. I use proactiv makeup). ANd I use moisturizer, but it still doesn't help.





Instead of putting stuff on my face (like moisturizer), I want to take off this dry skin!!! like exfoliate....but how do u exfoliate? what do u use???? like the St. Ives scrubs? I don;t like those....what else?Help!!! How do you exfoliate for my dry,flaky, and acne prone skin?!?
First of all,u should not exfoliate ur skin since this could only make ur skin worse than before.Try to switch to another cleanser that suits dry skin and gives moisture while u cleanse.I would recommend u to use Skin Medica,Neova or Murad cleanser since these cleansers moisturize ur skin while cleansing and gentle to ur skin.U could also opt for Clinique's moisturizer since it hydrates ur skin gently.However,if u would like to opt for remedies at home,I would recommend these 3 different steps for u to try at home.





-Make a puree of 1 banana and 1 papaya, peach or avacado. Apply to skin.Leave on for at least 20 minutes then rinse with warm water, followed by a moisturizer of natural margarine or natural vegetable oil.





-Apply natural mayonnaise, either homemade or from natural foods store.Massage into skin, leave on for 15-20 minutes,rinse thoroughly with warm water.





-Grate the rind of one whole lemon into 4 tablespoons plain yogurt.Mix and rub over entire body concentrating on the driest patches. Rinse.





Well,these are those remedies that would work best for ur skin type.Good luck trying this at home at great skin wishes.Help!!! How do you exfoliate for my dry,flaky, and acne prone skin?!?
I would Not try to exfoliate just yet. Your skin will only flake more if you do that. Use Olay Moisturizer twice a day, after washing your face + Pat dry! Don't Rub when drying off your face after washing! Try not to scratch your face either- even though it is probably itchy! I tried Proactive once upon a time too and it failed for me, so you might want to rethink continueing with it. Plus, for a little while, I would not use any concealers, foundations, and/or especially powders.

No comments:

Post a Comment