Sunday, December 20, 2009

Does exfoliating really aggravate acne?

i've heard this more than once, and was wondering whether it's true.Does exfoliating really aggravate acne?
Here is an article that should help. It is about exfoliation for different skin types including acne.Does exfoliating really aggravate acne?
Exfoliating does aggavate acne, my daughter had acne, the dermatologist told us no to let her used any exfoliating products on her face, It has been about six months ago and now her face is beautiful and she uses an exfoliator by Color Mr Beautiful Proof Positive Microdermabrasion. It has a real fine grit nothing like the other microdermabrasion products.
Yip it does, I suffer from Acne and the best thing to do is if you have a UV lamp then treat the area that you want with the lamp. Sit close to it (not as close as it burns) but so you get the area in the uv light and sit for approx 15 mins and do that 5 times per week for about 1 month should help and if you use a good cream like ';betnovate'; (this is a steroid) mind the area your treating has not to have cream on it while under the lamp OR another good cream is ';dovobet'; (steroid? don't know) ask your doctor that is the best thing to do But exfoliating will irratate it to no end. :) good luck
I used to have horrible acne, and if I didn't exfoliate it made my acne worse!! However, if you have really sensitive skin I would not advise exfoliating. I'd try it out and see how it works. If it fails, I'd try a gentle chemical peel. I know they sell them at Kohl's for cheap.
Yes it does, acne and pimple spread by touching, exfoliation could exacerbate acne.
No it doesnt. You just need the right exfoliating product. St. Ives has a great line of scrubs for all different skin types. Try them out! Thats what I use and I have oily skin prone to break outs but when i use their scrub, it keeps my skin clear. I use the one designed for acne/blackheads and it works great.
Yes...you must have reasonable healthy skin...fix the acne then exfoliate...don't let anyone tell you different
no, its not true
I don't think so bc when I get micro dermabrasion it gets rid of my acne
Trying to cure acne from the outside in will always fail. Try to work on it from the inside out. One thing dermatologists never tell you is there is a clear connection between bread and acne. Stay off bread, pasta, breakfast cereals, potatoes, cookies and cakes. That should help, as well as keeping your face clean and taking plenty of water, fruit and veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment