Sunday, December 20, 2009

I heard people with severe acne aren't supposed to exfoliate, is it true or just BS?

I heard that exfoliating will cut up your acne and actually inflame it and make it worse.


I thought it was best to exfoliate at least twice a week to remove all the layers of dead skin that build up.


I have extremely severe acne and am currently on antibiotics, topical treatments, and next month I will be going on the pill. Don't give me crap about my antibiotics or topical treatments because whenever I ask a question people just give me crap about it. I am not asking for your opinion on my choice of treatments, I am asking you if I should exfoliate or not.


I have been exfoliating with proactive gentle formula with 2% salicylic acid but am returning it because it hasn't been working and am buying the St. Ives scrub for acne prone skin.


Yeah so....


To exfoliate or not to exfolilate?I heard people with severe acne aren't supposed to exfoliate, is it true or just BS?
NO, DO NOT DO IT ! it may leave permanent scars. %26amp; cause infection, then you will have a bigger problem , just do what you are doing. GOOD LUCKI heard people with severe acne aren't supposed to exfoliate, is it true or just BS?
I'm not 100 per cent sure, but my opinion is that it is ok to do so, as long as you are really gentle and don't scrub too hard, otherwise it would aggravate the acne. Also, I would probably do it no more than twice per week.





You should try roacutane, that's what I used as a teenager, and I didn't see another pimple for many years.
I don't think exfoliation will worsen your acne, but it may leave ';ice pick'; scars in the future and these may be difficult to treat. This is from my experience especially with guys with severe acne who picks their acne. Ice pick scars would require dermabrasion procedures, which are expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment